WPRA Response to SR-710 Study Draft Environmental Impact Report, August 2015
On August 5, WPRA formally submitted its official "Response to SR-710 North Study Draft Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Impact Statement” to Caltrans.
The response is a 430+ page document with input from more than two dozen expert scientists, environmentalists, attorneys, university professors, engineers, planners, policy experts, legal experts, transportation experts, CEQA/NEPA experts, historic preservation activists and more. As the letter states, its purpose “to formally submit our Findings of Inadequacy for this report by means of the attached document ‘WPRA Response to the SR-710 North Study Draft EIR/EIS.’"
You can see each section of the full report and appendices by clicking on the appropriate links (in green) below:
SR-710 EIR Findings List
Body of WPRA Response (only sections with a response are listed)
Appendices are listed below, with a link (in green) to each appendix section.
SECTION 2.1: PROJECT DEFINITION – PROJECT NEED, PURPOSE AND STUDY AREA
- Finding 1, Attachment A: No 710 Action Committee Letter to Mr. Kosinski, dated September 26, 2012
- Finding 1, Attachment B: ‘I-710 Corridor RDEIR/SDEIS Summary of the Technical Memorandum for Model Input Data and Key Assumptions for Person Travel’, Metro.
SECTION 2.2 EIR/EIS PROCESS
- Finding 1, Attachment A: SR-710 North Study Fact versus Fiction, Metro website.
- Finding 1, Attachment B: ‘Mobility’, Los Angeles Times Advertisement, published by Civic Publications, Inc.
- Finding 1, Attachment C: Email conversation with citizen Sylvia Plummer and Chris Lancaster owner of Civic Publications.
- Finding 2, Attachment D: Metro/Caltrans SR-710 Cooperative Agreement, June 12, 2014
SECTION 2.3 THE ANALYSIS AND DEFINITION OF THE ALTERNATIVES
- Finding 1, Attachment A: The Pasadena Preferred Alternative (Letter + Document of Recommendations)
- Finding 1, Attachment B: Beyond the 710’s ‘New Initiative for Mobility and Community’, Nelson Nygaard.
- Finding 2, Attachment A: The Connecting Pasadena Project
SECTION 3.3.4 ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE
- Finding 1, Attachment A: ‘Environmental Justice Comments for the SR-710 Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) / Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)’, from Roger Kintz to the WPRA, August 2, 2015.
- Finding 1
- Finding 2, Attachment B: SR-710 Draft EIR/EIS Comments, from Coalition For a Safe Environment, July 6, 2015
SECTION 3.5 TRAFFIC AND TRANSPORTATION IMPACTS
- Finding 3, Exhibit A: ‘Ian Lockwood’s Response to the Draft EIR/EIS’, Toole Design Group, July 2015.
SECTION 3.7 CULTURAL RESOURCES
SECTION 3.13 AIR QUALITY
- Finding 10 & 11, Attachment 1/Figure A (both references used, mislabeled): Sensitive Receptors for the Tunnel North Portal